Thursday, July 6, 2017

Meet Pres & Sister Boyer and family (no - Adrienne is not in this pic).

This coming week will be full of hellos and goodbyes. On Tuesday we got to meet the new mission President and his family the Boyers! They're seriously so amazing and I've already received so much inspiration from them after one 1 1/2 hour Conference. Their kids are super cute too! They have a 14, 12, 9, and 6 year old. Sister Boyer even served a mission in Boston Massachusetts and has a lot of amazing insights. I'm really excited to work with them. 😊 

Well it's happening 2 transfers have gone by and that means Sister Kryzanski is going back to Connecticut next week. I've never wanted a transfer to not end so badly. Sister K is so cool and is an amazing missionary. We'll get our transfer calls on Saturday as usual. 

Another sad goodbye is Ben. He's our exchange student friend from Iowa and he's finishing his year program and goes back tomorrow. He's helped the missionaries out sooooo much. He should be getting his mission call soon so he promised to stay in touch. My bet is the Frankfurt Germany mission natürlich. 
Bro & Sis Tiebing and Ben

Dinner at Tiebings - Farewell Ben :-(

Summer is here in Germany which means everyone disappears for 4 weeks on Urlaub (vacation). There will be a lot of goodbyes, but they're only temporary. 

Let's talk about some hellos! 

I'll get a new companion and I'm sure she'll be cool. 

We set a baptismal date with Salman and he's been bringing some friends to church and German class. 

We'll probably set a date for Lorena this week. I'll talk more about her later. 

Barbara, Ramesh, David, and Hamed are some new people we've started to teach. We also met a new American family who moved to Wiesbaden and we'll get to eat with them this week as well. 

This week was honestly really cool. I felt like I was exactly in the right place, with the right people, at the right time, and saying the right thing. I just felt the Spirit confirming to me that this was exactly what God wants me to do. We've been teaching/ helping Lorena a lot lately. She's in a bad family situation and she feels very alone and lost here in Germany. Sister Lourido met together with us and prayed about what we can do to help Lorena and the Spirit was so strong and we all just felt how much Heavenly Father loved and cared about her. She came to German class and it was beautiful because we had someone from Ecuador, Spain, Nigeria, Pakistan, Colombia, and of course America. Salman called us his angels because we've been helping him temporarily (learning German so he can work), and spiritually (teaching him the Gospel). He really opened up to us this week about how he got to Germany and why he came. It's a miracle that he is here and that we are able to teach him. Jorge (Lorena's husband) found Sister Lourido and basically picked her to become friends with his wife. Of all the people Jorge could have picked, it was Sister Lourido one of the most fantastic member missionaries I've ever met. It's a miracle that we were able to meet Lorena and help her. 

Miracles happen and they are wonderful! 

2 Nephi 27:23 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith

Liebe Grüße 
Sister Luymes 
MTC District Reunion

Dinner with the Snapps (Sr Missionaries),
this was the best 
Bayrisch (Bavarian) Schnitzel.

Beautiful Wiesbaden


The Old Town Palace - Hessischer Landtag

Wiesbaden City Hall by sunset

Panoramic of Eppstein

Eppstein Castle Ruins and Tower.


My Wiesbaden district homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment