Thursday, March 2, 2017

Weinheim -- the home of happy cows (sorry California).
 This week was amazing! We've been steadily finding new people and adding them to our teaching pool AND they're all progressing. Woohoo!

My favorite surprise of the week was when we found this man named Andreas while dooring last week and from what we saw from his door everything was normal. On Monday we taught him and brought Sister Siebert with us (she's an angel). When we walked in I noticed that it was super humid but when I rounded the corner I saw he has a huuuuuuuuge botanical garden in his bedroom/living room. He sticks his arm in one and takes out a chameleon, then another one, then another one.  I wish I had a picture, but I was so surprised.

The lesson went so well too. He kept asking "wo is die Gerechtigkeit im Laben?" (Where is the justice in life?) We got to really testify of the Savior and his atonement and how everything unfair in this world will be made fair through God's plan. We hadn't had enough time to prepare the lesson very well before hand so we were really following the Spirit. It worked! The three of us were incredibly unified. Sister Siebert is a saint and she made sure she would be able to come to our next lesson. Yes!

We also have found a Mongolian family and have a Skype lesson set up with the missionaries in Mongolia this Saturday!

We've found some German woman to teach as well! Seriously, I don't get it. Finding men here who will meet with missionaries is pretty easy. But finding a woman who speaks German is so hard sometimes! We found 2 this week! One in the beginning wasn't too interested, but after we taught the Restoration to her and explained the Book of Mormon she suddenly had so many questions and was very interested. The other one was a cool experience. We were walking towards Waldhof to go visit some people and I contacted a young woman. We asked her some questions and learned that she had a lot of faith in Christ, but had some questions. We testified of God's plan and she almost started to cry. She told us she'd been praying a long time to receive these answers and here are two random girls who answered them. We gave her a Book of Mormon and made a Termin (an appointment). She kept thanking us for the Book of Mormon and for everything. We're really excited to start teaching her.

I absolutely love the feeling I get when explaining the plan of happiness to people. It is one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission. 2 Nephi 9:13 "O how great the plan of our God!"


It is so simple, so profound, and answers the questions of our soul. Where did I come from? Why am I here on the Earth? Where do I go after death? The answers are there because God loves us. He has a plan because He loves us. He sent His Son because he loves us.

Liebe Grüße
Sister Luymes
Ilvesheim just before a storm

Pretty much the standard window sill
adornment all over Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment