Thursday, March 9, 2017


The Kempermans -- two of our favorite people.
 I definitely learned a lot this week. We had found a bunch of new people and had set up appointments for the weekend and beginning of this week. We were super excited and pumped to be teaching a lot of people finally. Then slowly one by one they all fell out..... I was not too happy about it because I'd worked really hard to make sure everyone remembered where and when we were meeting. I prayed about it a lot asking if there was anything more I could've done. My answer came pretty strongly "Vertraut mir" (trust me). So, I decided to just trust in God and be 100% ok when things fell out. And of course, as soon as I did that the miracles came pouring down. So, on Monday our appointment with someone fell out but we happened to be with Sister Siebert (the stake Relief Society Leader). She asked us what exactly we would have the woman in the stake do to help us. She's already taken our ideas to the stake president! Another appointment fell out and we did our backup plan and ran into a woman who was having sever health issues and thought she might die soon. The Spirit guided us both to share the right scriptures and say the right thing. It ended up being one of the biggest spiritual highlights of my mission.

We had our first street display in Mannheim and it was so great! It was amazing how many people were interested in at least hearing about our beliefs even if they didn't have interest in meeting with us.
There was a constant flow of new people coming in every 5 minutes because we were right next to 2 Bahn (train) stops in Paradeplatz.

We also got lost a little bit and left the zone for a couple minutes. Something about the bus schedules in the tiny dorfs (villages) just don't like me.

Sister López also EPICALLY broke her umbrella when we were running for the bus. She took it with her into the bus even though it was open still. (See pictures below)
Woops.  Sis. Lopez's umbrella didn't like the bus.
Transfers are coming up in 2 days. Who knows if I'll be emailing from a different place next PDAY! Mal schauen (we’ll have to see)!

Great last week to the transfer and to training! I really wouldn't have had it any better :)
Mannheim Schloss -- Palace, museum, and former place of the Prince Electorate

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy.

This painting and this cottage are strikingly similar
and very typical of German style.

No comments:

Post a Comment