Friday, October 27, 2017

City of Bayreuth -- home of the opera house and festival

I had my leavers interview and he did not talk about marriage at all. We talked mostly about how I felt about my mission and what my plans were for school and stuff. He’s not your classic mission president who only wants people to get married ASAP. He said our last day when all the leavers are in Frankfurt we will talk about it but it will be more of a group discussion where we can ask questions and have a good time. He doesn’t want people to get unfocused their last transfer because it helps no one and makes the time go by slow. I completely agree. 

I got a ton of emails to about what I have to leave. It was really funny because President felt bad about transferring me for my last transfer so he talked to me about it and said he had a super strong feeling and we were the most last minute decision. On my side of thing is I’ve noticed A LOT of things that sister Swain didn't get trained on; the ward missionary work needs a ton of improvement. Even President admitted that it was a mess. I told him I have a list of things I need to fix before I leave and he said that I‘m basically re training sister Swain and he wants me to do everything in my power to fix what I can. He told me he was really grateful that I was someone who can recognize a problem, point it out, and fix it. I‘ve been busy. 

My mattress is broken so I ordered a new one, maybe I‘ll get to actually sleep on it for once. We‘re trying to get bikes. Our shower is supposed to be redone soonish. The maps.me is a catastrophe! So i‘m completely re doing it. I told our ward mission leader that we will be going to ward council because the missionaries don’t know who the leaders are. Also I asked him if he could call some new ward missionaries, because we don’t have any and we have a need. I promise I‘m being nice about it all, but it’s pretty German to just be blunt and upfront about it. It’s fun and the members really like me because of it. On top of that we have a baptism coming up, our normal missionary work, and sister swain‘s „re-training“. I am not bored this transfer that’s for sure. I hope I have enough time for it all actually. It‘s awesome to feel needed. 

What kind of things do you want to do in my home land? Also mom keep posting the blog like normal on my FB. Just don’t do anything more because I can do the rest now. Weird right? They’re breaking me in right before I go home. It’s so not real to me. I can say out loud „I‘m going home.“ but in my brain I still think I have another couple transfers. Also I got a Grindel today and it was 50% off! Such a steal! I‘ll probably show you at home. Also the lady gave me some free accessories to go with it. Grindel‘s are usually around 300- 400 € but I got mine for 130! Most missionaries pay big bucks. I got lucky!!! It’s really beautiful too blue and shimmery pink. 

Anyway, I hope you have a better week than last week. The museum looked really funky and fun. I‘m excited to see you guys soon! Also when will I get to see Andrew? Will he come for thanksgiving or something? I realize it a little awkward with his school schedule. 

Love you soooooo much! I’m so happy to be a missionary in Germany! 
Sister Luymes 

Disclaimer: I know mom has probably noticed my clothes. They’re not mine. Sister Swain and I have had some excellent sharing. It means I didn’t have to unpack everything. 

Richard Wagner Theater

Richard Wagner Opera House

No comments:

Post a Comment