Thursday, October 26, 2017

Beautiful Deutschland! (mustard field)

There were a lot of random things that happened that made it a good week. 

Yesterday we had zone Conference in Nürnberg and we started using FACEBOOK. You may have noticed that I have changed my profile picture and have accepted some new friends. The best way to contact me is still through this email. Ya‘ll can wait for another 3 weeks. Until then I‘m really excited to use Facebook as a proselyting tool and I think it will help me know how to use social media with more of a purpose. 

On Tuesday we had a rough day. Due to a mix up in interview times, our day got completely switched around. We went finding all day long but we couldn’t find anyone who was interested enough to meet with us. The whole time I felt super weird, as if something was missing. Then the next day we got Facebook and it all clicked! Any feelings of apprehension or just feeling like it was not worth it went away. That evening I also had my leavers interview. It was really chill and we mostly just talked my mission and the things I have learned and experienced. Präsident Boyer is AWESOME!

We had a cool miracle. Since I‘ll be in Erlangen for only 6 weeks I‘ve adopted the mind set of „what are they going to do? Send my home?“ It‘s been super helpful and I‘ve been able to be even more bold then ever before on my mission. On Monday we got on a bus and the bus driver started asking us questions about where we were from. Natürlich he asked us why we were in Erlangen so we got to talk about the church and what we do as missionaries. He was decently interested so I asked him if he wanted to meet sometime. He works a lot so he said he didn’t know when we would be able to. We got off the bus and I gave him our card with our number on it and that was it. Then last night we got a on a bus and he was driving again! It was so cool! He had so many questions and had some questions about whether we had a health law or something. We got to full out teach him while he was driving! And we gave him a commitment to drink ginger tea instead of coffee in the morning. What was hilarious was when we got off the bus he was the same driver going back home. When we got up to get off by our house he tried to set up another „appointment“ (basically us sitting in his bus again and teaching him). He said he was going to text us his work schedule for next week. 

Anyway we’re heading to Bayreuth right now and I get really distracted when I‘m typing on trains. Hope you have a great week!

Sister Luymes 
Frankfurt Germany Mission. Pres & Sis Boyer are front row, right of center.
Adrienne is that glow of white light smack in the middle.

My companions that are still serving!
L-R: Sis Catherall, Sis Swain, Sis Weiler, me, Sis Peck, Sis Lopez, Sis Tait

My MTC Group! All these sisters go home this month.

Durst Loscher - a really big juice box.
Found a Book of Mormon in this book shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment