Thursday, October 12, 2017



36 sec0nds of goofiness

Well this week seemed to be a series of awkward moments for both Sister Swain and I. It kept things interesting for sure. 

On Friday we had 3 appointment, 2 fell out and one got moved to Saturday. What was sad was we asked Sister Jackson to come teach with us. Then on Saturday we had 4 appointments and the ones we asked Sister Jackson to come to fell out and the one that she couldn’t come to actually happened. We just felt really bad because she wanted to help so bad, but people just wouldn’t show up and stopped answering their phones. 

We also got uninvited to a service project on Saturday because „the missionaries have already helped her.“ Yeah no one really explained why we were invited and then uninvited, but ok. 

Sunday was funny. We had 4 people say they would come to church and then only one came. We had told a bunch of members to sit by them and talk to them so then everyone swarmed the one person.  I also got to introduce myself and then afterwards everyone had many different versions of Luymes. People think I’m French here and call me sister lumé. 

Sister Swain has a talent for not remembering names/ getting them confused. She called our potential David Daniel 2x on the phone even when I mouthed David to her. She also left a couple voicemails saying the completely wrong name. We‘ll be working on that this week. 

Last night we had dinner with our part member family and Sister Swain basically choked on the honeydew and squirted juice all over. She also cries when she laughs really hard so she was crying when it happened. I‘ll let your imagination picture that. Also when we were leaving I hugged the mom, fist bumped the 13 year old boy, and then I bear hugged the dad! It wasn’t until I stopped hugging the tiny Vietnamese man that I realized what I had done. What made it worse I look over at sister Swain and she went to low-5 the daughter and the daughter awkwardly shook sister Swain‘s Hand which was still in low 5 position. 

Who ever said missionaries are awkward they’re right. Oh well one of the Elders in my district is notorious for praying during member appointments „bitte segne dieses essen damit wir von es nicht sterben“ (please bless the food so that we don’t die from it). I haven’t stooped that low yet. 

I hope your week was a lot less awkward than mine. We had good parts I promise too haha! Sister Swain and I get along really well so that makes life good. 

This transfer is about to get really crazy though! I‘ll let you know in my weekly. 

Also my date for registering for classes is okt 30th. I’ve been looking and going through slowly but surely. So far I’ve decided on Chem 105, Geomatics (its for my major), probably linear algebra, I need to email a couple more people to see what kind of writing classes and German classes I should sign up for. Also Reagan Risk (college friend who served in Albania lives in Palm Springs) is at Home now! Crazy! I welcome advice for classes/ getting back into the swing of things. It doesn’t seem real that I only have a month and a couple days left. At all our member appointments they ask me about after mission life. You know it’s bad when members start realizing how little time you have left....

Ich habe euch lieb!
Sister Luymes 

No comments:

Post a Comment