Thursday, September 28, 2017

We had lunch with the elders and Jawad (pronounced Jafad he‘s a member from Iran). Jawad speaks Persian and a passable amount of Denglish. He was trying to say something and ended up typing it into Google translator. It came out saying “I’m strangled“ we were all laughing and then he asked for a drink and we realized he was trying to say I‘m thirsty. It was a good moment of confusion. 

WELL this may or may not be my last couple days in Wiesbaden. Who knows! We‘ll find out on Saturday. I’ll also start my last transfer next week... YIKES when did that happen! Time keeps flying by without asking for my permission. 

This week was amazing and surprising! On Sunday we went to Darmstadt for a YSA devotional for the Frankfurt, Friedrichsdorf, and Heidelberg Stakes. We brought our new convert, investigator, and potential from Colombia. As soon as we got there we ran into some YSA in the Spanish ward in Heidelberg and they totally bonded with our Colombians. It was great. The talks were perfect and I got to see a lot of people from my last areas. 
 
YSA devotional with a new convert, a member, and 2 potentials

On Wednesday we had lessons with Xia and Marion. We taught both of them the Plan of Salvation. Oh man both were amazing! Last week we invited both of them to be baptized, Xia said that her husband didn’t like other religions other than his. Apparently, he had seen her Book of Mormon and looked up the church. When she came home that day he told her that he wanted her to keep learning about the church because it would probably help strengthen their family. It’s so obvious that the Lord is softening his heart. After we finished the lesson she shared a dream she had had when she was 25 that matched perfectly with what we had just taught her. She shared a lot of experiences she had as a child in China and how she came to believe in God without knowing anything about churches. The spirit was so strong throughout the whole lesson and she noticed how much the Lord had prepared her to hear and accept the gospel. Highlight of my mission right there 

Marion‘s lessons was also a highlight of my mission. She’s a HUGE inspiration for me of letting God heal you. She’s gone through so much trauma and when we explained God‘s plan at the end she just said “I know. I know it’s true.“ The Spirit was blasting and Sister Wright was bearing such beautiful testimony. She still wants to pray about baptism and accept to watch general conference with this question in her heart. 

God’s plan is perfect. It brings meaning to life, our trials, and triumphs. It takes away the sting of death and when we repent it takes away the grief and sorrow of sin. I’m so grateful for God and Jesus Christ. They are real and have brought so much peace and joy in my life. I recommend giving them a chance. 

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Luymes 

Kiss goodbye Wiesbaden.  I'm off to Erlangen.



No comments:

Post a Comment