Thursday, June 1, 2017

Bright's baptism with Bro Jens Tiebing (our ward mission leader)

Bright is baptized! He was so excited and so prepared! We've had a heck of a time the past two weeks trying to teach him and getting him prepared, but he basically came prepared all by himself. Last Thursday was a mission dream come true. We taught our golden investigator in a member's home and then we all ate a delicious German meal. Best thing that could ever happen on my year mark.

Bright was shining in white and Jens Tiebing baptized him. Then on Sunday Bruder Van der Put confirmed him and did it in English so Bright could even understand. It was one of the most beautiful confirmation blessings I'd ever heard. Basically all of Saturday evening and Sunday I couldn't stop smiling because I was so happy. I was so impressed with how the ward took care of him and didn't need extra prodding to talk to him and introduce themselves.  I wish you could all meet Bright because he's basically the coolest person ever.

On Tuesday we went finding and had a really awesome day and found a lot of new people with some awesome potential. At the end of the day we were feeling SUPER blessed. We were tired, exhausted, my feet hurt really bad, and we were starving. Trotzdem incredibly happy. Then our dear friend Sister Lourido called us up and said that a friend of hers started talking about this church they had started going to in Ecuador right before they had moved to Germany. It ended up being our church! And they'd even met with sister missionaries while they were in Spain for a couple weeks! She set an appointment up for us for yesterday.

We met with them and were able to help teach the mom and their daughter German. It was a little interesting because they only speak Spanish.  SIster lourido speaks Spanish and helped during the tutoring part, but then she she left the room to distract the kids while we (attempted) to teach her about the Book of Mormon in Spanish........................ it went better than I expected. Sister K had taken one year of Spanish and couldn't understand anything she was saying. I took 3 years of Spanish and could understand surprisingly well. However, speaking was the real hard part. German was so easy to speak, but if I thought really hard I could remember the Spanish words I used to know. We used the Book of Mormon a lot to clarify what I was trying to say and I tried (desperately) to bear my testimony in Spanish. She started crying and I could feel the Spirit.... so I think it worked. OR I offended her horribly mal schauen. The family will be coming to church on Sunday. JAWOHL!

Miracles are real. No doubt about it. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve what the Lord has blessed me with.

I've made a goal to read the Book of Mormon front to back again so I've been reading in 1 Nephi. In chapter 15 Nephi had just finished having this awesome experience where the Lord basically answers all of his questions. Afterwards, Nephi's older brothers are giving him a hard time because they still have the same questions and don't understand how Nephi knows the answers. I like this part because then Nephi gets sassy with them he says: "And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?" He then explains to his brothers that he had simply prayed and ASKED God his questions. And God answered. His brothers get pretty humble after that. This passage really stuck out to me this week because I feel like people ask the same questions over and over again and when we give them an answer they give us a hard time. Then when I ask them if they've ever asked God, their answer is always no. God loves it when we sincerely ask Him questions. He hears us and He will answer our prayers when we are obedient to His commandments and in His timing. (James 1:5-6)

Liebe Grüße
Sister Luymes


Niedernhausen -- The Center of the World!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment