Thursday, May 25, 2017

Twinners! More like we coordinate.

We went to McDonald's and saw an advertisement for chicken nuggets and it said "Huhnglaublich!" (Chicken unbelievable) We had a good laugh. German advertising is one of my favorite things and it gets even better when you directly translate it into English.

This week felt (and still feels like) a marathon. You're probably all wondering if that baptism is going to happen. The answer to that is YES! Bright is on fire. He's been doing so well and is really excited to be baptized this Saturday. Every time we meet with him it makes our day. I feel like I've learned more from him than he has from me! If you read my last email I had said that that evening we were going to the Tiebings and would have dinner and teach a lesson. It was pretty stressful because we were also going on splits so I was leading the area and we were getting a ride to the Tiebings. Well our ride never came and no one was answering our phone so poor Bright and Sister Harouny were waiting for me as I made 1,000 calls to see what was going on.

The awesome thing was it ended up being perfect. We still taught Bright AND we got to teach his sister! We taught them the 10 commandments and about keeping the Sabbath day holy. What I thought would be a pretty generic short lesson turned into a very spiritual and uplifting experience. It was cool because every time we talked about a new commandment Bright would bring up a scriptural example. It was even cooler was that sometimes they would be from the Book of Mormon that he had recently read. He asked a lot of questions so that he could make sure he was living each of the commandments. The second cool thing was that he has been offered a job, but he would have to work on Sunday. He told us that he had prayed and had decided that it wasn't worth it to take the job because he knew he shouldn't work on the Sabbath. His interview is tomorrow 😊

Today is my year mark for being on a mission. It's pretty unbelievable how fast that went. At the same time I feel like I've had more than a years experience packed into this last year. It's been challenging and wonderful all at the same time. (Cheesy cheesy I know) I could tell you all the things I've learned, but I'll just learn more so it's better to just wait until the end.

3 Nephi 15:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Here's to the next 6 months!
Sister Luymes
African Rice and mystery gray meat that Bright made us.
I fear what the mystery meat was.

My buddy Joshua!

This is UNBELIEVABLY German -- on public transportation.

Today is Christi Himmelfahrt (holiday of the Ascension) so everything
 is closed but we did find a cool flea market.


No comments:

Post a Comment