Thursday, May 18, 2017

St Elizabeth's Russian Orthodox Church in Wiesbaden

Peek-a-boo St. Elizabeth's
 "Hell" means bright auf Deutsch in case your wondering.  Bright is our investigator who's getting baptized NEXT WEEK! We set his date last Thursday after PDAY so we'll only have 2 weeks to prepare him and one has already flew by. We prayed before our second appointment with him about what date we should invite him to be baptized on, the Spirit told us 27 Mai. We prayed again and asked ARE YOU SURE???!!! And we got the same answer. The appointment went super well but Sister K and I were too scared to say it. After struggling against the Spirit a little bit He finally won and I kind of just blurted it out "Bright, do you want to get baptized? How about May 27th?" Not my best baptismal invitation, but he accepted it no questions asked! We've been meeting with him almost every day to prepare him in time. He also went to Ashkan's (the investigator of the Elders) baptism on Saturday and stayed for all of church on Sunday. He's been a rock star! Yesterday we met with him and talked about what he thought about the Book of Mormon. He said that he woke up that morning with a really bad feeling and was uneasy, so he read in the Book of Mormon and he described it as if someone had taken those feeling away and replaced them with something warm and loving. We asked him what he thought of Ashkan's baptism and he said Ashkan looked super happy and clean inside and out. When we asked him about his own baptism he said, "I want look and feel like that too." We're having dinner with Bright and the Tiebings tonight. Basically, all of my favorite people in the same room.

Our Persian members (L-R) Sajad, E Wiley, Javad, Ashkan, E Smith

The rest of our week was BUSY. On Saturday, we helped the Kopischke family move and it went way longer than expected. We had helped them finish packing the night before and they served us "dinner" which consisted of cherries and vanilla ice cream. We sat on the couch with the dinner table balancing on 2 chairs and my knees. It was a very delicious and I ate it out of a lid to a pan because that's what they had. There was a picture taken but I don't know who has it.

Sunday was eventful as well. I got to Skype my family which is always the beeeeeest (although it was at 7 AM so I was pretty tired).  I'm not even a year into my mission yet and I've already had my last Skype! We had church and afterwards we had dinner with the Snapps while the rest of missionaries skyped. Sister Snapp made us a burrito casserole and homemade cheesecake as comfort food as we all said goodbye to our families again. She's the best too.

Sorry for last email, I still don't know what happened. The big burger was from Waldgeist a restaurant known for its XXL portions. Did I eat it? My comp and I shared it and it lasted a few days. The pretty view was our walk from Assmanshausen to Rüdesheim along the Rhein. Today we saw a castle and a Russion Orthodox Church in the middle of the Forrest. I sometimes wonder what other missionaries do for PDAY...

The weather is warming up! Yay!

One of my favorite scriptures is found in Joshua 3:5
"Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

Now is the time to prepare ourselves, repent, do whatever we need to do so when tomorrow comes we can be a part of the Lord's blessings and miracles. This scripture also give me hope through my trials because I know the Lord is preparing me for the wonders that are ahead.

Vielen Dank für euerer Unterstützung und Liebe. Ich bete für euch jeden Tag. Schönen Muttertag zu alle die liebe Fraun, die ich kenne. Ihr seid wunderbar! (Thank you for your support and love. I pray for you every day. Happy Mother's Day to all the dear women I know. You are wonderful!)

Liebe Grüße!
Sister Luymes
One of many field o' flowers we pass by daily. Beautiful!
Idstein - we go dooring in the most quaint places.
Best companion ever! Cleaning bird poop off our windows.
All German apartments have these cool windows that rotate.

Shout out to my friends serving in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment