Thursday, April 20, 2017

Meet Sister Krysanski from Connecticut.
We plan to have a lot of fun together.

So transfer calls came on Saturday and the first thing they tell me is that my new companion will be Sister Krysanski. I was super excited because she's been my STL for 5 transfers and I know her super well. The next thing they tell me is that we're going to open the German sisters area in WIESBADEN!!!! I pretty much started freaking out because I was super excited. The sister's area has been closed since the end of last year so we're pretty much starting from square one.

The next couple days we're just full of excitement, nervousness, packing, and goodbyes. It was probably the longest 3 days of my life. I was so sad to say goodbye to the members in Mannheim and to Sister López, but at the same time I felt super pumped to dig in and get started. The only instructions we got were train tickets to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof and that we would meet "someone" who had our keys and tickets to Wiesbaden. That was all we knew about getting here. We had no idea how we would get to our apartment or if there was food.

Day of transfers came and it was a huge struggle to get my 3 suitcases on a bus to the train station, down 6 escalators to get to the right Gleis (train platform) all by myself. When I arrived in Frankfurt I got to see my trainer Sister Williams and my MTC comp Sister Catherall! The "someone" ended up being my new district leader Elder Smith and his comp Elder Wiley. They gave us the keys and our Fahrkarten and the Tech Elders gave us a new phone. The only bad thing is the the SIM card isn't active until another couple days so it doesn't work yet. Also the number will change so we can't really use it yet. YAY! The elders were super helpful and helped us with our luggage and guided us to our apartment. A train,  2-3 buses,  10 minutes walk, and 6 flights of stairs later we arrived to our new home. It's ginormous and SUPER nice inside. We met our new Ehepaar (senior couple) the Snapps who live on our street and the American Elders helped us because they too live on our street.

Yesterday morning someone knocked on our door and it ended up being a member inviting us to have lunch with her right then. We'd bought some basic necessities the first night, but it was so nice to have a big home cooked meal. Sister Loretta is also a ward missionary and she's from Columbia. She lives around the corner from us.

We had district meeting afterwards and the Elders kept staring at us as if they couldn't believe that we were actually there and they were SO excite
d to have us there. It was funny and slightly uncomfortable.

Afterwards we decided to get lost and go finding. The first person we talked to gave us their number so we could set up an appointment! MIRACLES! We found 4-5 people last night and set up our first appointment for this evening. YES! It feels as if we're trying to run a race with both of our feet chopped off though. We don't have a phone technically and we don't know how to describe how to get to the church very well. But it's been so much fun so far! There are 0 expectations and we both feel pretty calm and peaceful about it.

I've been studying in 1 Nephi when Lehi and his family leave Jerusalem and travel in the wilderness. They had no idea where they were going or what to do really, so they were forced to do either 1 of 2 things: 1) doubt and succumb to their fears and probably die or 2) trust in the Lord and what he instructed them to do. Later Nephi is commanded to build a ship. These are both examples of things that none of them have ever had to do before and had no experience or previous knowledge. I feel a bit like Nephi right now. When he Lord instructs him "Thou shalt construct a ship, after the manner which I shall show thee." Nephi doesn't say " uhhhh what? Ok send me down a ship please" he asks "whither shall go that I may find ore...that I may make tools." He asks the Lord what the first step is of a long series of steps. Faith moves mountains and builds ships. I know our faith can make this area prosperous.

Love you all!
Sister Luymes


Bumped into Sis Williams on my way to Wiesbaden
St. Bonifatius church - Catholic, Gothic revival style.
Dorcas was one of the members I had to say farewell to.

No comments:

Post a Comment