Monday, November 7, 2016

Transfers!!!
Contemplating my transfer to Mannheim

This week we set a baptismal date with Frau Stanke! We had an amazing first lesson with her and when I asked her if she would be baptized on Dec 17 she said yes immediately! She already has a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet called by God. Sister Harris and I couldn't believe it! She's amazing and excited for December 17th. Keep her in your prayers please!

In other news our investigator Toni got attacked last Saturday and was in the hospital for 4 days. We found out later that he had also had a diabetic stroke minutes before he was attacked. He ended up with a dislocated arm, broken jaw, fractured eye socket, and he got stitches in various places. We visited him in the hospital and he was already doing a lot better thank goodness. Toni has a thing for asking God for big signs to answer his questions. Ask and ye shall receive Toni! He told us he thinks God is telling him that he should stop partying and drinking alcohol. I'm not arguing! Anyway, he's been doing great and is VERY humble now.

Poor Toni!

Another miracle this week happened at our street display. I'm a pretty self motivated person, but I don't really set written down goals for myself very often. Every week I hated thinking of goals to make because I felt like I'd just forget about them until call- ins a week later. SO my goal this week was to gain a testimony of setting goals. One of my goals was to get 4 potentials at the street display. Usually we get around 3-4 so I thought it was pretty attainable. We got 4 potentials in 40 minutes. So we decided to double our goal. After another 40 minutes we had 8 potentials. We ended up getting 12 potentials in 3 hours!!!!! We gave out 14 BOM's in 8 different languages. We've already had appointments with some of them and have more planned for next week.

Speaking of next week I won't be in Kaiserslautern anymore. I GOT TRANSFERRED TO MANNHEIM!!!!!!!! My new comp is Sister Weiler she's my first companion who is younger than me on the mission. She just got
finished being trained so I'm "Golden busting".

I'm really sad to be leaving Kaiserslautern. I cried pretty hard about it. I'm just so grateful for my time here. It gives me a lot of comfort to know that the area is better how I'll leave it than when I came. Sometimes that improvement isn't as obvious, but God had mercy on me and I know that my time was WELL spent here. I look forward to a new adventure in a new city with a new companion. I know Sister Harris will take care of K- town for me.

Love you all!
- Sister Luymes
My Buddy Viktor, member in K-town

Last sunrise in Kaiserslautern.

One of my favorite missionary couples, the Tarbets

Sis Thompson, another favorite member from K-town.

No comments:

Post a Comment