Monday, November 14, 2016

Mannheim & Solar Plexi!!!


Meet Sis. Weiler -- at one with nature.
 My first impression of Mannheim was getting lost for 20 min because the Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) is HUGE! I was alone and afraid.... but after asking three different people I found jemand (kind) charitable enough to let me use their handy to call my old comp to get a hold of my new one. They found me curled up in front of the McDonalds begging for food.....Kidding only kidding! I was lost though and I did call Sister Harris to tell Sister Weiler where I was.

Second impression of Mannheim was THERE ARE STRASSENBAHN! (Basically metros that go on the street) I've heard they are fantastic for contacting and I can now attest. Love 'em!



Our apartment has wifi which is fantastic. The bed is a definite upgrade. We don't have a dryer or a dishwasher. The shower is way better too. So far it's felt pretty homie so that's good.

This week was probably one of the slowest of my mission. I think because everything and everyone is new again, time somehow slowed down because I have so much to learn. But it's been a fantastic week
already full of miracles!

Speaking of new people! Sister Weiler is my new comp! She's from Logan, Utah. She's 20. She did 2 years at Utah State before coming on her mission. She ran on the track and cross country team at Utah State so she's pretty good at Morgan Sport. She just got finished being trained so she's one transfer behind me. She's way fun, obedient, and a hard worker. I am super excited to serve with her!


Alright miracle time:
1) We taught Manuelle on Friday. She's Chilean, but was adopted by Germans and grew up here. She had met Sister Hall and Sister Weiler on the street by a mailbox a week ago. She told us that she had gone to the mailbox and had forgotten her letter. So she went back home and ran into them at the mailbox. They gave her a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment with her. So sister Weiler and I taught her the first lesson! She already has been reading everyday in the BOM before we even had committed her. She had been wondering why there were so many churches in the world and she felt like God had put us on the same path at the mailbox to answer her questions. She's absolutely adorable and we have another appointment this Thursday!

2) On Saturday we had a district finding Aktivität (activity). We were going white boarding. So we were walking around the main street with a question on a white board. Some people just shouted funny answers at us and other actually stopped to have a conversation. However, the first guy we talked to we ended up making an appointment with him for today, which was way cool! We gave him our card and we wrote down his number. We called today to remind him of our appointment and to our dismay we realized we had written the number wrong! So we said a prayer and 10 minutes later HE texted US! In my entire time on my mission I've only had someone actually use the number on our cards 1 other time!

As for the solar plexi (plural of solar plexus?), I've already met my new favorite person here. Her name is Monka. She's German, but she spoke English to us with a very heavy Southern accent. She explained the secrets of how to feel your own energy waves.
Step 1. Rub your hands together
Step 2. Pull them apart about 6"
Step 3. Sit down
Step 4. Close your eyes
Step 5. Pay close attention to how your solar plexus feels and the
space between your hands. "You can just feeeeeeeeeeeeel it"

I think I'll like it here very much. The ward is great and I'm already meeting people I love very much.

Take care of your solar plexus!
Bis nächste Montag!
- Sister Luymes

Lovely Fall Colors

Heibe Maroni -- Hot Moroni???

Farewell to Kaiserslautern District.


No comments:

Post a Comment