Monday, October 10, 2016

Panoramic of Steinbech
This week was freezing. I broke out my tights and borrowed a heavy sweater until I bought REAL winter clothes. Good thing Sister Harris was much more prepared than I was. 
Steinbech Selfie

This week definitely had its ups and downs. We got tchüssed by 1 ½ (half because we got permission from our GML to continue to keep contact) of our investigators. Kind of heart breaking.... BUT we continue to have faith and we worked really hard to find new people!

We went out to Steinbach again (I keep getting comments about the pictures from last time and we gave our 2 Book of Mormons! Wooooo! I said this last time to Sister Williams and I said it again to Sister Harris that I didn't think we really needed more investigators in Steinbach, but apparently that's where all the prepared people are! Who knew!? I encourage you all to try to find a map of Steinbach. It's super tiny and waaaaaaay in the middle of nowhere!

Geschichte: I have a new German Oma named Giselle. I met her at the street display on Thursday and she talked to me for 25 minutes. I had asked her how she had seen God's hand in her life and she replied with basically her life story. When she was 18 she got married and almost immediately her and her husband had to flee Germany because of Hitler. Their entire first year of marriage they slept on the street, homeless, eating scraps found in the trash. She told me she had no doubt that there is a God because she knew she would've never survived that without the strength and determination He gave them that year. After 64 years of marriage her husband died. She cried as she spoke about him, but assured me she had faith that she would see him again and that he was with our Heavenly Father. I was able to share with her a little bit of the Plan of Happiness and bore my testimony of it. I told her that she would be able to see her husband again. She didn't take a Book of Mormon, but she gave me two pieces of chocolate to keep warm and hoped we would see each other on the street again.

Sneak pic of my buddy Giselle

Every person I talk to has a story especially in today's times. Either someone is a refugee at the age of 16 who's family were killed by the Taliban or someone is 86 who has a story similar to Giselle. There are people who have lived comfortable lives all their life and wonder why they aren't happy. But what they all have in common is that they are all God's children and He loves them so much. I know this because I get to feel part of that love as I talk to them or serve
them. If you're not sure that God loves you, get on your knees and ask him.

Wenn wir beten zu Gott, ich weiß er hört und er wird unser Gebeten antworten. Ich weiß dass Jesus Christus unser Erretter ist. Er hat für uns gelitten, damit wir Sündenvergebung haben können. Ich weiß durch der Macht Gottes Joseph Smith hat den Buch Mormon übergesetzt. Weil wir Das Buch Mormon haben, wir wissen über die plan Gottes. Es bringt mir Freude und Friede zu mein Leben. Es ist so einfach dass die Kinder verstehen kann. Was ein großer Segnung! Es freut mich!

Schönen Woche noch!
- Sister Luymes



Sister Harris and I with Hochspyer in the back.

Church Street (left), To the Church (right).


No comments:

Post a Comment