Monday, August 15, 2016

The following are Adrienne's comments to mom on learning the German language...

Yes speaking another language is frustrating, but it's nothing more than I expected it to be. Sister Williams and I make and keep language goals so we don't mess around. I'm trying to learn the German "r" I keep doing a Spanish "r" but it just doesn't always work out. Word order, articles, and past tense suck. But I can see humongous improvement every week. I ask a ton of questions and sister Williams knows the answer 95% of the time. People understand me for the most part and I can understand what people say, but I could repeat what they said back. I translate sometimes for the English speakers in my ward. What I struggle with is when conversations move from subject to subject really quickly and people are talking fast. I can't really keep up quite yet. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment