Monday, August 1, 2016

Heidelberg Bridge

Rhein River
Hello everyone! It has been another crazy week in Kaiserslautern. I might add that I've been on my mission 2 months as of this week!

I had my first split with the STL's in Heidelberg and I learned SO MUCH.  I was with Sister Clifford and she and I were super busy all day. We taught a women through a translator (we spoke German to him
and he spoke Farsi to her) on Skype so that was interesting. Later in
the day we taught a women who's less active, Frau Brightenhuber, and she was so sweet. We talked about the Freiburg temple open house that's coming up. Sister Clifford let me take the lead in the lesson (my first time taking the lead in an all German lesson!) and it went super well! I was able to bear my testimony to her, explain the importance of the Atonement, answer her questions so she could get to know me a little bit,  AND I understood everything she said!

Another miracle this week was Sunday (yesterday) was the best Sunday yet! We got a call from Susanna who told us an hour before church that she changed her mind and was coming to church. We had a guy who we contacted on Saturday show up to church. The Elders had an
investigator show up to church. AND the ward was super welcoming to all of them and invited them to sit next to them and talked to them. This is a huge deal for the missionaries because our ward isn't the best at remembering to welcome new people. We also had ward members
handing us loaves of bread and food. And all the missionaries spoke in sacrament meeting. Then after church we went by on a potential's home (which was a miracle we even found it) and they invited us in and introduced us to their 3 adorable children and we taught  them the entire restoration lesson. They loved it and asked if they could come to church next week and if we could come by to teach their family. Sister Williams and I were pretty much floating on clouds our entire dinner appointment and all the way back home. BEST. DAY. EVER.

I've been studying charity this week and even gave my talk on it. In 1 Cor 13:13 
"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest is charity."
I truly believe that we can become the most like Christ when we have charity. And I know we will have the most success in life and in missionary work when we have charity.

Love you all!

Sister Luymes

Sister Williams hangin' with some graffiti!


No comments:

Post a Comment