Saturday, June 4, 2016

My awesome "Miterbeiterin" (companion) Sister Catherall and I

On Tuesday Sister carpenter (she sleeps below me) started sleep talking in German. On Friday Sister Catherall told me that I was trying to say Himmlischer Vater in my sleep, but I ended up giving up and said OH WHATEVER really loudly. My companion was the only witness though haha! So it seems I can't escape German even in my sleep.

I've learned to love this language so much! it might not sound like a beautiful language, but the meaning of each word is so specific and almost poetic. For example. The word for "we rely on" is "sich verlassen" which directly translates to leave ourselves. We rely on the Lord when we leave ourselves and our trials on Him.
My MTC Zone on White Shirt Wednesday

This week was a weird mix of super spiritual highs and a lot of feelings of discouragement. We taught 4 more lessons this week to our Untersucher Emanuela. I joined the MTC choir and it lived up to my very high expectations. My entire zone matched our clothes wednesday-friday (white shirt Wednesday, Deutch colors Thursday, and Stripes Friday). 

The highlight of this week was running into "Emanuela" on our way to play sand volleyball. She's actually our new teacher Sister Robison. She told me and Sister Catherall that our lesson on prayer was the best first lesson she's ever had from her MTC students! Die Gabe die Zegunwater (Gift of Tongues) is so amazing! When I'm teaching or really paying attention to the spirit, speaking German becomes so much easier, words come faster, and I'm finally able to say what I want to say even if it's more simple than how I'd say it in English.

On the map -- Frankfurt Germany!
My favorite quote from last Tuesday's devotional is this "The Lord will use every bit of who you are to make the work go forward."

I love that I get to read and study scriptures for hours everyday. It takes on a new meaning when you have the Lord's work in mind. Wann wir seid fleißig, hilfreich, gehorsam, und die Geist Zuhören, wir können Schwäche über winden.
Liebe,

Sister Luymes

Sister Adrienne Melissa Luymes
JUL05  GER-FRA
2005 N 900 E Unit 159
Provo UT 84602
My District from left to right Sister Deim, Sister Carpenter, Sister Haynie, Sister Hammer, ME!,
SIster Catherall, Elder Thiriot, and Elder Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment