Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fun fact: My P-day is on Saturday! Which means I kinda sorta get weekend. Although it doesn't feel like one. 

Learning German has felt like I've been trying to drink from a fire hose... Unfortunately, the first day I wasn't feeling to good so it seemed even more overwhelming. We did so much that first night that by the time I went to bed I couldn't even remember the names of the SIsters I live with. Haha! Come to find out we all had done the same thing so I don't feel so bad now. 

Thursday and Friday were my first two full days in the MTC and with my super busy schedule. We get up at 6AM to get to class by 7 and don't get home until 9:30 PM at the earliest. Days feel like weeks here and I can't believe it's only been 3 1/2 days! My schedule in a nut shell goes like this wake up, study, eat, class, study, eat, class, study, sleep. With some exercise in there too :)

The MTC is AWESOME! My district (the people that I have class with and study with) had 8 missionaries- 6 sisters and 2 elders. My zone has 33 missionaries!! About half are Frankfurt and the rest are Berlin. We expect a group going to Armenia to join us in about 2 weeks. We are district G (for gangster of course). Elder Thiriot and Elder Myers were pretty quiet the first day, but they've warmed up to us. Meine Mitterbeiteren (companion) is Sister Catherall. Sie kommen aus Heriman, UT und Sie ist the best! The other sisters in my district (and who I live with) include Sister Deim, SIster Carpenter,SIster Hayne, and Sister Hammer. I love them all so much and we've had so many good times together already.
 
SIster Catherall and I taught our very first Untersucher (investigator) our 2 day on language training! Her name is Emanuela and she is the cutest! She's from Dusseldorf and speaks very little English. Amazingly we were able to understand her about half the time and were able to talk in Deutsche for 30 minutes! I accidentally asked her if she had any flys (fliege) instead of questions (frage). But other than that it went well! She agreed to lesen Das Buch Mormon.

Tomorrow is Sunday and everyone tells me the MTC choir is amazing so I'm super excited. Also my Branch President has everyone in the zone write a 5 minute talk in German before EVERY sunday and we're basically chosen at random to give our talks during Sacrement. So my district had a fun time writing our talks together with the 2 days of German we knew. 

I love it here so much. Ich bin eine kinder der Himmlischer Vater. Ich weiss der Heilege Gheist halfen sprechen Deutsche unser.

Love you all! 
Sister Luymes

P.S Please write me! I want letters and email more than food these days! You can also use Dear Elder for the next 6 weeks for free! My address is:
Sister Adrienne Melissa Luymes
JUL05  GER-FRA
2005 N 900 E Unit 159
Provo UT 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment