Saturday, June 25, 2016

It's been an extremely eventful week! Since all of the new mission presidents are getting trained this week we've had all sorts of changes happening. On Thursday the new mission president and his wife to the Lima Peru North mission came and taught us a lesson. Before he had started we heard a voice outside the door say "I think I'll sit in this room" and on the other side was Dallin H. Oaks (an Apostle of the church). He sat down and listened the lesson and didn't say much except to introduce the mission president. My district had been complaining the day before that we would be stuck in the class room all day and that we would be missing our sport time. It was an extremely pleasant surprise to have an Apostle sit in on your class.

WE GO OUR FLIGHT PLANS!!! I leave the MTC at 7:30 AM on Monday July 4th! My plane leaves SLC at 11 AM and I have a connecting flight in Atlanta, Georgia and arrive in Frankfurt at 8:45 AM the next day! It's starting to settle in that I'll be in Germany in 1 1/2. I'm either super nervous or super excited. I felt that my German has finally taken a turn and I can't wait to be surrounded in it because I know that's the best way for me to learn. I've also figured out that my English spelling has gone downhill because I want to spell it the way you would spell it in German. German is just too easy to guess the spelling because it's pretty much all phonetic and you pronounce every letter. So I apologize in advance for any spelling errors. 

I've been able to see a lot of family this week. My cousin Karen started working in the MTC so I get to see her pretty often at meals. Earlier today I ran into my other cousin and his wife who will be the new mission president in the California Long Beach mission. Shout out to them! It's always fun to run into family! 

Last Sunday during our temple walk I ran into a couple who had 2 puppies and I had to keep myself from stealing them! It made my day :)

The MTC is still awesome and I feel like I still have a lot to learn before now and July 4th, but I'm starting to feel antsy and ready to get to work.

This week I've really been focusing on how to study the scriptures and really feast upon the word of God. The scriptures have real power during lessons and in our lives if you let them. There is so much to know about the gospel and it's important that if you have any questions to pray AND search the scriptures. My favorite scripture this week is in D&C 12:7-9 "Behold, I speak unto you, and also to all those who have desires to bring forth and establish this work; and no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care. Behold, I am the light and the life of the world, that speak these words, therefore give heed with your might, and then you are called. Amen" All those who have a desire to serve Him and to establish this work ARE called. I can feel the power of my calling everyday and I have such a testimony that I am called of God to serve those in Germany. 

10 days left!!!
Liebe,
Sister Luymes
Sis Catherall and I have flight plans to Germany. YAY!!!

My MTC Zone (6 districts) -- Germany, Armenia, and Republic of Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment