Thursday, February 9, 2017

Gulcerin's (in red) and family
This has been an INSANE 10 days. To begin GÜLSERIN IS GETTING BAPTIZED IN 3 DAYS! Who knew that you need to go to Germany to baptize Turkish people. She had her Tauf (baptismal) interview yesterday and was nervous, however props to our new District leader Elder Flickinger for bringing her a Book of Mormon drawing book to help her open up. She ran out of the interview room yelling "GESCHAFFT!" (Made it/passed). She was adorable! The little sister Fidan (7) made us all boat hats to celebrate the moment.

We had a split this week and I was in Mannheim with sister Krysanski. A woman let us in, sat us down, and started telling us all the reasons why she could NEVER join our church. I was genuinely confused about
some of the things she was saying and it clicked in my head when sister k said "uhhhhhh we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses." The woman was super embarrassed and started reading our name tags. We taught her the first lesson and she excitedly accepted a Book of Mormon. It was an interesting beginning of a great lesson!

We made Mexican food with the Geziciari family with Turkish brot (flatbread) as the tortillas. Yummy! It's interesting to see how service changes your perspective of people completely. When I first met this family, I was super hesitant and did not want to spend any more time than I had to with them. After almost 3 months of teaching them and serving them I can honestly say I LOVE THE GEZICIARI FAMILY. I love reading in the Book of Mormon with the kids and seeing how it has changed their attitudes. Before they would always be rambunctious when we came, but now they all sit quietly, listen, and even ask questions. Their love for the gospel has grown so much and they make an honest effort to get to church every Sunday.

I also finished reading in the Book of Mormon last week! In its introduction, it quotes the prophet Joseph Smith '“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”' It DOES NOT say man would get nearer to God by reading it than any other book, but by ABIDING BY ITS PRECEPTS. After I had finished I looked through all of my highlights and notes, each one had a very personal meaning. It has been so wonderful to see how much closer I have become to Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know when we study it and find the precepts within, that we will get nearer to God than by any other book.

Wish me luck for the next 3 crazy days!
Sister Luymes

BILDER
We exercised our Thursday PDAY power and actually toward the Mannheim
Schloss. 10/10 would recommend! 👍
Mannheim Schloss is a Baroque style palace that
was the original home of the Prince-electors of the
Electorate of the Palatinate of the House of Wittelsbach.
Today it is part palace museum and part University of Mannheim.



Market and food trucks outside the Schloss.


Paper hats compliments of Gulcerin's sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment