Monday, January 23, 2017



We had some awesome stuff happen this week, but the absolute BEST part of this week was when someone called the police on us! Yes! I love it when people do that! (All sarcasm intended) 

We were in Weinheim trying to contact some people our Bischof (Bishop) had given us. We walked down a street and a woman drove by us. We stopped on the corner to look at the map to choose where we wanted to go finding. I looked up from the iPad and I saw the same woman in her car and she was taking pictures of us! We both felt really weird so I waved at her to let her know that we see her. She dropped her camera in her lap and drove off quickly. 

We only had about 30 minutes until we had to leave so we went dooring for 25 minutes. When we were waiting for the light to cross the street the police pulled up next to us and got out. We both looked at each other and said "you've got to be kidding." They came up to us and asked us if we had been on a Waldstraße (Forest Rd) about 30 minutes ago. I said probably. Basically, since Weinheim is such a nice area they get a lot of break-ins. They said someone called and was afraid we were trying to break into their neighbor's house. They asked for our Ausweisen (basically our permission to proselytize in Germany). The police woman took the Ausweisen and called someone to tell them that it was ok and they didn't need back up. We talked to the police man for a few minutes and he mostly asked if we were angemeldet (registered), where we lived, and how long we planned on staying in Weinheim. Just then our bahn (train) left without us. OH WELL! 

They let us go with no trouble at all. I was just amazed that I knew enough German to calmly talk to the Polizei. Couldn't do that 4 months ago!

Other than that adventure we went to Heppenheim today and hiked up to a castle. Since people don't have gardens by their house here, we basically climbed up stairs through the mountain side in between people's Gärten. It was fun, but unfortunately it was cloudy again! 

We had zone training this week and I got Christmas/birthday packages so that was cool. It was also very spiritual. We were talking about the Book of Mormon and how it, combined with the Spirit, is our biggest tool of conversion. 

I cannot tell you how much I love this book. The more I've read it and the more I've studied it, the more I am able to understand God's love for his children. It has explained the plan of happiness to me, it has helped me when I was depressed and ready to turn back, and it has answered some of my deepest questions. The great thing about it is that no one has to take my word for it. The promise in Moroni 10:3-5 allows people to prepare themselves (of course we will be here if they want help) and it makes them ACT on their own faith. We believe that people can receive personal revelation from Heavenly Father. When you want an answer (zum Beispiel [for example] is the Book of Mormon true?) and are humble enough and willing to act on your answer, God will answer your prayers. 

Ich weiß dass das Buch Mormon Heiligen Schrift ist. Ich bin so dankbar für mein Gelegenheit es auszugeben und helfen andere es zu verstehen. Ich habe durch persönlich Erfahrung gefunden dass es wahr ist. (I know that the Book of Mormon is Holy Scripture. I am so grateful for my opportunity to spend it and help others understand it. I have found through personal experience that it is true.)

Liebe Grüße! Schöne Woche!
- Sister Luymes 

P.S. So Gülserin is supposed to be baptized this week, but she got really sick and we didn't feel that she was ready so we postponed it until February 11. She's still excited though 
Gulserin (to my right) and her cousins

Cloudy day on Heppenheim looking down from the castle.

Goofing with my homie "S.Lo"


Obligatory District photo from Heppenheim castle.



No comments:

Post a Comment