Monday, September 19, 2016

This week was full of extra stuff that made our week a bit interesting. On Tuesday we had zone conference in Heidelberg. It took an hour to drive there then the whole thing was 6 hours and it took another hour to drive back. So basically we didn't get to meet with anyone all day which was a bummer. BUT, zone conference was great! I got to see President Stoddard and everyone in the Kaiserslautern zone and Heidelberg zone. We probably had 40-50 missionaries all together so that was fun! We learned all sorts of stuff from how to clean our apartment properly to how to be better missionaries. 

My favorite theme was given by the Sister Training Leaders (STL’s). They quoted a letter that a mission president wrote to his son called "The Lord's Kind of Missionary." It says "Finally, while the Lord’s kind of missionaries are progressing, they’re definitely not perfect. They make mistakes, stumble, and sometimes take two steps forward and one step back. They certainly have not already mastered all there is to learn or do or become. But despite the ups and downs of missionary life, they are trying to be a little better each day, with God’s help. And because they’re trying, God is delighted with them, even as He simultaneously will show them how to climb to the next rung of the ladder."

As this transfer rapidly comes to an end (transfer calls are this Saturday!) it means I will no longer be a trainee and my trainer will be transferred to a different area leaving me in charge. I've been praying for comfort that I'll know what to do with this new responsibility. On Wednesday we also had a split with the STL's and this time I stayed in Kaiserslautern and led our split. It also happened to be one of our craziest days. Usually I'd be stressed out having to figure out transportation and re-planning with someone who doesn't know the area or the people. But I was very calm and comfortable making decisions. I believe this was Heavenly Father showing me that I was ready and prepared to take over my area and I look forward to more responsibility. He was showing me my next step to be a better more capable missionary. 

Another note worthy thing was that we committed our Eritrean Untersucher (investigator), Mhreteab, to baptism!!!!!!! He's reading in the Book of Mormon slowly but surely and he's excited to learn more. * It's difficult because English is his second language (and German is his 3rd), but they don't have the Book of Mormon in Tigrinya -- his mother tongue. 

Another noteworthy event was that on Friday we had a dinner appointment with an Afghan family. They made a huge dinner for us and we had a wonderful visit. Then the father said he knew another family who wanted to talk with us. So we went over there around 8:30 and soon enough they too had made us dinner!!! We ended up running home stomachs STUFFED with food. It was funny but it hurt to laugh. Unfortunately we can't teach any of them because the mission has rules about teaching refugees, but we might be able to teach them German! 

Anyway! Love you all and love hearing from you all! 

- Sister Luymes 

Sister Adrienne Luymes
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi 
Corneliustrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main 
Germany 


BILDER!

Dinner with our Afghani friends.

Sooo süß! (sweet)


Ziehen Sie nicht die Vögel
Do Not Feed the Birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment