Sunday, July 17, 2016

(A letter to the family I’m sharing)

Hello my main peeps! 
I've figured out the whole emailing thing. Some items of business: YOU guys and Dixie can send letters (not packages) to my real address at:

Sister Adrienne Luymes
Friedensstrasse 55a
67659 Kaiserslautern
Germany

I will for sure be here for the next 2 transfers, but be aware when transfers are happening so I get everything. However, if you send packages/ for everyone else  just send it to the address below. DO NOT SEND PERISHABLES or medication or anything that sounds like medication when it shakes. I get mail and packages from the mission home once or twice a month for zone things. I don't want to risk me getting transferred and the other missionaries trying to figure out how to get my mail to me.

Sister Adrienne Luymes
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Kirche Jesu Christi
Corneliustrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt
Germany

Anyway! Life is great we are super duper busy especially this up coming week so that'll be fun. So something that I've noticed: there are TONS of refugees here in Kaiserslautern. Almost all are Muslim maybe some are Muslim- Christian. They are the sweetest people on the planet. However, you can tell that they don't really feel accepted with the Germans and they know they get a bad rep because of ISIS and all of the political corruption in the Middle East. So when we knock on their door asking them if they'd be willing to hear about what we believe and in return we'll listen to what they believe they get so excited! They invite us in and have the whole family and all of their friends come and listen.  Some of them don't even understand anything we say after the door because they speak Arabic and a tiny bit of English or German. Google translate lessons are a thing sometimes, but we try hard to keep everything very simple. They are just so excited that someone is willing to talk to them and listen. Of course there are rules on teaching refugees and it makes me so sad when we have to stop teaching them.

Alles gut! Unser Ziel dieser Woche ist zu sprechen mit jedem auf deutsch. Lernen deutsch ist sehr schwer ohne schwer Arbeit. Meine Lieblinge Wort auf deutsch ist ,,doch" weil es kann nicht zu Englisch übersetzt.

That is to say….All good! Our goal this week is to talk to everyone in German. Learning German is very difficult and hard work.  My favorite word in German is “doch” because it cannot be translated into English.


Liebe!
Sister Luymes

No comments:

Post a Comment