Monday, December 12, 2016

The obligatory Companionship Christmas Pic
This probably seems really early to have transfers already, but it was only a 5 week Versetzung (placement) and the next one (that starts today) is a 7 week one. Sister Weiler was transferred to Wetzlar. And the big news is....After a short 5 weeks in Mannheim I have been called to be a TRAINER!

Q: Do I know the area well enough to get around?
 A: Sort of...... good thing we have wifi.
Q: Do I know the investigators, weniger aktiv (less active), and ward well enough?
 A: uhhh I know the important people haha
Q: do I feel confident enough in German and my missionary capabilities?
 A: I'll definitely be relying on the Lord for help, but I feel
prepared and confident in German and how-to-missionary.

It was pretty funny how it all came about. I wasn't even in Mannheim when President Stoddard called me. I was in Heidelberg with Sister Clifford (my STL) on a split. We called him to get permission about something and he took us both completely by surprise! He called me to
be a trainer and released Sister Clifford as the Heidelberg Zone STL. We were both pretty shocked.

As for the rest of the week it was pretty good. Nothing too crazy happened. One of the Elder's investigators got baptized on Saturday! Kevin is so sweet and so cool. He found the church on his own and asked to meet with the missionaries. 2 months later he was baptized!

The same day as the baptism we had the ward's Weihnachtsfest (Christmas party). It was so cute! People performed songs and the kids performed a play. Then we ate a bunch of soup. The missionaries sang an "Amerikanischer Lied" (American song) Rudolf the red nose reindeer. Elder Ashton (from England) wasn't to happy to be grouped in with the Americans. It was a hit though! We also sang Weiß Weihnacht (White Christmas) with some women in the ward.

So the next 2 days will be cray cray. I go to Frankfurt tomorrow for a bunch of meetings and get paired with my Golden (brand new missionary). We'll stay in a hotel overnight, then have more meetings on Wednesday and head back to Mannheim.

Wish me good luck!
- Sister Luymes

Farewell to Sis Weiler - she doth protest!
Mannheim District Christmas Photo - trying to be cool and aloof!
Engelchen (little Angels) --we put up +80 of these things
for our service project.

Random cool looking home we found while dooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment